Saturday, August 4, 2007

When Will It Change?



When will it change? Another year of the same awful bullpen and yet again the Reds find themselves falling out of contention. I have loved the Reds since I was old enough to watch and have enjoyed seeing my team win a World Series on my birthday. Problem is I'm tired. I'm tired of year after year of having a payroll that doesn't compete. I'm tired of overpaying middle of the road talent (see Eric Milton and David Weathers). When will it end? Jerry Narron can't send out a different lineup out everyday and expect to win consistently. I think it is time for change, and has been for some time. You know, better late than never, right? So lets start with Narron. He has to go. He doesn't take up for his players on the field when a call doesn't go their way. He can't fill out a lineup card. He sits there looking like he doesn't even care to be there. Next is Ol Wayne. I mean Lopez and Kearns for Bray and Gary Majewski? The worst player in my fantasy league wouldn't make that deal....and better yet the league would probably veto it. This would be nice but I don't see it happening. So onto reality. Adam Dunn has been put on the trading block this week and amazingly someone wants him. Dunn has been a sideshow for years. People just show up to see the enormous Texan hit one 800 ft. and could care less that his average is terrible, his defense is worse and he chases his own strikeout record every year. Lets hope Wayne and his cronies can manage a deal that WILL ACTUALLY IMPROVE something for the Reds. Otherwise pop in your old 1990 highlights and Big Red Machine videos and crack one open until we get to hear Marty saying "This one belongs to the Reds" a little more frequently.

Whether you agree or disagree come talk about the Reds and more at http://www.sportsrazz.com/.

Thanks, I'm out.

No comments: